Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Cambodain Way & Western Way

MONDAY, MAY 05, 2008

It was Ryan’s post birthday. In Cambodian way, if you are invited to the birthday party or dinner you don’t have to pay for the dinner but you should have a present for the birthday. In western way, your friends will pay everything for you on your birthday but they may not have a present for you. However, as for me, I would be happy enough just to have some friends remember my birthday and send me a text. I used to be so upset on my birthday last few years ago; because none of my friends remembered it was my birthday. I kept staring at my phone I put on table if I would get a text, but none. I felt I was not import to anyone at all, especially my best friend who I always had something for him on his birthday. Well… actually he never celebrated any event (but he never forgot his girlfriend’s birthday though).

It was Ryan’s post birthday because on his birthday last week he was not well so we delayed it until this week. The arrangement was to meet and eat fast food at Lucky Burger around 6PM, and then followed by bowling at Park Way at 6:30PM. Finally, Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake at Tara and Tricia’s house.

I already planned to have Korean food with Jerry, so I didn’t for Lucky Burger. After work I went to Han Kook Kwan where is a Korean restaurant at Tol Tom Pong with Jerry, his wife and her sister. The food was quite expensive but I like it because there were a lot of vegetables and healthy food. Jerry doesn’t like Korean food because it doesn’t taste right to him and he doesn’t like vegetable though he really should eat them more.

Korean food always starts up with many of these vegetable dishes.

Seeing Jerry's face, i can tell he doesn't like Korean food because he doesn't like vegetable.

Ryan’s following up for bowling was delayed half an hour so I left the restaurant after 7:00PM and headed to Park Way. I hadn’t play bowling for a pretty long time, but I still wasn’t bad. I made high scores and didn’t embarrass myself. At the end when we were about to leave, my matches Steve, Tricia and I made fun and fool around. We rolled with our left hands and both hands and both hands but turned back to the target.

After the bowling we went to Tara and Tricia’s house and ate the Cheese Cake made by Tara. She knows how to bake cakes and they are good. She baked Cheese Cake on Daniel’s birthday and this time she baked Chocolate Cheese Cake on Ryan’s birthday which was nice. I wish I had a girlfriend and she was as nice as Tara :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment