Sunday, May 4, 2008

2:30AM, a Big Dinner, Night Club and KTV

SATURDAY, MAY 03, 2008

I have never been out until 2:30AM before. It was exciting and a lot of fun, though it was not my type and there was something upsets me.

On Monday, my brother in law’s brother Touch and his wife Py will flight back to France. Thus, on Saturday evening we had a family dinner at Kiwi where is my favorite middle class restaurant.
I had a fun time there and enjoyed the delicious food. Since going to the gym I try to eat a lot healthy food, and now I realized my stomach has been bigger and I have to eat more than before just for a meal to fill my stomach.

Since I applied for a scholarship to study at University of Hawaii, I have been inspired a lot. In my head there is always Hawaii. At the dinner I ordered a nonalcoholic cocktail which was “Hawaiian Island”. It was just a fruit shack of pineapple and milk.

After the dinner we went to Golden Town for dance and karaoke. In the night club I saw there were so many pretty girls sitting behind the entrance waiting to serve men come for drink and dance. As I was there with family, those girls didn’t approach me but they keep looking at me and smiled. Some of them couldn’t take an eye off me and peeking sometimes while I was sitting in our table.

I like it when I can see many pretty girls like that, but this is not my type and I feel sad when I see girls work at that kind of place. If they were not poor and/or could effort to get a better education, they would not have to work as beer-girls, karaoke girls and night club girls. I wonder how those men could enjoy having fun with those girls. Some men are thoughtful and respectful, but some just want to have fun and treat those girls as toys.

In the restroom, there was a man standing nearby the tissue paper and handing people the paper with a very low bow. We are supposed to give him tip actually. I hope he could earn enough to support his family.

Anyway, I was there with my family and I enjoyed the music and I danced a lot. I was happy that in the club they played all kind of music including Khmer Dances that we have at a traditional party or event. There were many people at all ages. Interestingly, everyone danced even those at late 40 years old.

I am happy to see my country and my people are happy and enjoy their lives. The economy is getting better and people can effort to have fun. However, the gap between poor and rich is still far away.

After the dance, we continued to sing karaoke up stair. It was the best place among the other places i have been. They have all of the songs that we wanted to sing. It was my longest KTV time i ever had. We sang until 2:30AM as the club closed at that time. I think we might had been still there if the club closes later.
I did enjoy the KTV though i am bad at singing. Not only i don't know many songs, my voice is also bad. Every time i go to KTV i don't sing a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment