Sunday, January 6, 2008

Best Man at the Best Friend's Wedding

SUNDAY, JANUARY 06, 2008

My best friend Jerry's wedding and this is my first time to be the best man at the wedding. A lot of works to do, changing dresses, keep smiling all the time and welcome all guests.


Firstly, we had to arrive the bride's house in the early morning at 4:30am. I knew we would not have time for our breakfast once we got dressed. So Daniel and I sneaked out to a place where we could have our breakfast. While eating Jerry telephoned me once and then his mother called again. We had to finished our breakfast quickly, brought our coffee back to the house and drink in our room.


It was my first time to put on this kind of dress. However, i felt nice and proud of this Cambodian dress.


The groom and the best men


My niece Vanthy (the groom's sister)


I have no idea what are these ladies looking at, but they look happy.



The second dress in a hair cut session. Parents and relatives take turns to give the groom and bride a hair cut. One thing i don't like about this second dress is that i look have a big belly.


My parents cutting the groom and bride's hair.


I am playing and dancing with the couple who represent as a divinity and an angle. Actually i was called to do so by them. It was so funny and everyone laughed a lot.


This table is where the guests will contribute their money. Average amount would be 20$ up to 500$ or more, it depends on how good relationship between the guests and the groom, bride or their parents. Some guests who are rich and willing to help, they would contribute a big amount. It could be money or assets.




The third dress, looks gentle and nice. As the best men, we had to welcome the guests and hand them out a wedding souvenir.


The fourth dress at the cutting cakes session. I love this fourth dress. Men in White!


Me and the bridesmaids. Tow of them are my nieces. I'm a young uncle :-)


Finally, the bride and groom walked down the aisle and be pelted with foam, flowers, party string stuff. They went up the stage and each of them gave a speech. Then they cut the cakes and feed the parents. The end of the party was dancing!!!

Here's a short video.... enjoy! (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment